The What’s Happening column provides an opportunity for local non-profit organisations, such as schools, churches, charities, service clubs and associations, to advertise their events free of charge. No business-related inserts will be included.
To update events email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gerald Fitzpatrick House AGM will be held at 48 Berea Road, Bertrams, on September 8 starting at 10am. Refreshments will be served from 9.30am to 10am. For more information contact 011 614 2615.
• The Cleveland Community Policing Forum Sector Three Crime Forum for Malvern meets every second Saturday of the month at noon in the hall at the Cleveland Police Station. Residents and businesses are invited to attend. Call Mike Spadino on 078 032 2953 for more information.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meetings are held every Tuesday evening at the Hofland Park Community Centre situated in Bez Valley. The meetings start at 7pm.
• Volunteers needed for The Link literacy and numeracy support programme for children in Grades Two and Three. Days available are Tuesday and Thursday from 9.30am and 11.30am. Contact Tina on 082 922 8159.
• St Giles Association for the Physically Disabled Charity Shop is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am until 12.30pm. Situated on the corner of 11th Avenue and 10th Street, Dewetshof. Contact Di on 072 236 2807 or 011 615 7681 for more information.
• Dynamic Women’s Club is a vibrant networking group with the prospect of introducing, sharing and growing business ideas. All home-based and professional businesswomen, as well as those in the business market, are invited to attend. Contact Paula on 064 459 4358.
• Bruma Blood Donor Centre, Finance House, 25 Ernest Oppenheimer Street, Bruma, is open on Mondays from 1pm to 7pm, Tuesdays to Thursdays, 8.30am to 4.30pm and Saturdays, 8.30am to 1pm. Call 011 622 7153/8361.
• Gerald Fitzpatrick House’s shop, 48 Berea Road, Bertrams, needs donations. Shop opens from Wednesday to Saturday, 9am to 11.30am. Bright double knitting wool also needed for the outreach programme with the Bertrams Junior School. Contact Shadia or Henrietta on 011 614 2615.
• Rotary Club of Bedfordview meets Tuesdays, 6.15pm at Belgravia Bowling Club, 56 Florence Avenue, Bedfordview. Contact Aniki on 082 735 3440.