Girl (5) killed by mother and boyfriend

Man arrested following business robbery in Kensington.

A Western Cape mother and her boyfriend kicked and killed a five-year-old child a year after she promised her daughters a better life when they left their village in the Eastern Cape for a better life in the Western Cape.

A year later her five-year-old daughter, Lisheko, was kicked to death, allegedly by Thumeka Tuswa and her boyfriend, Lulamile Qondani.

Times LIVE reported, “Qondani is also charged with raping the child. The two have been charged with the murder.”

Tuswa’s surviving daughter (9) is expected to testify against her mother when she is tried in April, Boyfriend Qondani also faces a rape charge.

The two appeared in the Cape Town High Court on Friday, February 20.

According to court papers, Tuswa moved to Robertson with her daughters in 2012, where she set up home with Qondani.

They left the children in care of a neighbour while they went to work during the day.

On January 31, 2013, Qondani allegedly went to fetch the children from the neighbour’s house, and that was the last time Lisheko was seen alive.

“When [Tuswa] returned home on the evening of 31 January 2013, the deceased was not well and died during the night,” Times LIVE quoted what court documents read.

“The state alleges that the accused are guilty of unlawfully and intentionally killing Lisheko Tuswa by kicking her with booted feet and beating her with hands.

“The state alleges that both accused repeatedly assaulted the deceased and killed her. It is also alleged that [Qondani] raped the deceased.”

The two were arrested after a post-mortem conducted by Dr Sonata Walraven on Lisheko’s body revealed that she died from ‘blunt force trauma to the abdomen’. Walraven also found the ‘multiple injuries’ on her body ‘consistent with non-accidental injury syndrome’.

Tuswa and Qondani have pleaded not guilty.

A source close to the investigation said social workers placed Tuswa’s children in the care of the paternal grandparents in Mount Frere after she walked out her marriage.

If convicted, the two are likely to be imprisoned for life, while Qondani’s name could be added to the national register of sexual offenders. The case was postponed to April 13 for trial. They were remanded in custody.

Original article posted on Times LIVE

find your
dream home

looking for an

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News



Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:

Alex News
City Buzz
Fourways Review
Joburg East Express
Midrand Reporter
North Eastern Tribune
Northcliff Melville Times
Randburg Sun
Roodepoort Northsider
Rosebank Killarney Gazette
Sandton Chronicle

Your details:

Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)